Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crazy week with not enough time for all that I need to do! I took call for the first time in awhile. I forgot that there are aspects of call that I do enjoy. I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie. I love going to codes, doing procedure, figuring out what's going on with a really sick patient. There was a code the other night. The CV surgeon showed up and ended up cracking open the patient's chest. Unbelievable. Did I really think that going to that extreme during the code would help the patient any? No. But it was his patient, so I've got no say in how far we went during the code. I wonder if the patient ever thought that her last moments would be spent being shocked, pounding on her chest and then having her chest ripped open? Probably not. But still, it was pretty freakin cool to see the chest splayed open. Well, I only have about 1.5 weeks left before I leave. The new decision becomes, should I go to Australia during my vacation, straight from Bolivia? It's quite the plane ride! We'll see!

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Sounds like you've already decided about Australia! Good choice!

As far as the patient - you said last moments, did she pass away?? Don't think I could deal with that...

About Me

Chicago, IL, United States