Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The home stretch

So, my adventures are almost over. I still have 4 days left in Sydney, but as you probably noticed, I haven't been on the internet as often. Mostly because it's pretty expensive here! I've enjoyed my time in Sydney. I could live here. It's a great city. Except the US dollar is worth crap, so everything is expensive! Last night I went to see a Shakespeare play at the Sydney Opera House. During the intermission, I enjoyed a nice glass of white wine and looked up at the opera house. I couldn't believe that I was here. It was one of those dejavu moments. I've been to the beach again. The weather's been great. Lots of surfers and big waves. I've eaten a lot of fish as well. They have great ice cream here. We watched the Queen Victoria and the QE2 port in Sydney harbor. A big deal here, it was on the news for days! Who new? I thought it was fun to try and pick out the passengers in the crowd. Usually they were the old british ones, fancypants! We are hoping to head out to the blue mountains this weekend before the long plane ride home, back to the cold!

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Were they anything like Dave's fancypants?!

About Me

Chicago, IL, United States