Saturday, February 23, 2008

The longest airplane ride in the world!

So, I made it! No DVT yet either! My flight out of Bolivia was delayed 1 hour because the fuel pump was broken (very reassuring when you are already loaded on the plane and about to take off when they tell you the fuel pump is broken!). Anyway, I made it to Miami with only 1 hour to spare. I ran through imigration and customs, rechecked my bag and ran across the airport just in time to catch the next flight. After 7 hours on the first flight, 6 hours on the next flight and 14 hours on the flight to Sydney I made it. I don't recommend that anyone fly that much ever. I don't normally get motion sickness, but man, I was feeling it. When I got off the plane, I felt dizzy, like I was still moving! But luckily, I was now in Sydney which is gorgeous! The weather is perfect! Sorry people in Chicago, I know it's been a sucky February, but right now in sydney its mid 70's to 80's and sunny. Absolutely perfect. There's palm trees here. I thought we would be too far from the equator for that! Anyway, we've walked around circular quay where all the ferries take off, by the harbor bridge and opera house. We ate dinner the first night in Darling Harbor, and yes, we did go by the real world house (come on, it's me, I had to take a pic of it!). It's actually pretty dumpy in person. It's in a great area. Yesterday, we went to Bondi beach on the Pacific. Got a little burned, not bad. Watched the surfers. The food has been great, love the fish. We had some fantastic ice cream and took ferry rides around the harbor last night. I'm loving this so far. Wish I could stay. Don't they have semesters abroad for residents? Wouldn't that be great!

No comments:

About Me

Chicago, IL, United States